Caring in all shapes and sizes
What is Animal Services?

Steve Lawrence, Animal Services
Steve Lawrence, Director of KCASE
The Kalamazoo Humane Society does not operate a shelter, however we work closely with Kalamazoo County Animal Services & Enforcement (KCASE), the only stray animal shelter and humane law enforcement agency for Kalamazoo County. KCASE also handles all animal bite cases and Rabies exposures for Kalamazoo County.

Each county has its own Animal Services department. If you have an animal related issue in your area, contact the county in which the animal resides and if they can't help you, they should at least be able to set you in the right direction for assistance. In most areas, Animal Services or Animal Control departments handle everything from sheltering of stray animals to criminal investigations. They also usually handle animal bites and complaints, and dog licensing, however that can vary from one county to another.