May 4, 2013
Prairie View Park, Vicksburg
9:00 am to 2:00 pm
It’s that time of year again….Kalamazoo Humane Society’s Dog Walk time! This year, our popular, full-filled event includes exciting competitive events such as the Skyhoundz Hyperflite Flying Disc Competition, The Classic K9 Show
and American’s Best Frisbee Dogs
When not watching the special demonstrations, participants can enjoy a two-mile walk and lunch, along with contests, pet photos, micochipping, raffles, a children’s area, pet adopt-a-thons, education booths, and more.
The Dog Walk is the Kalamazoo Humane Society’s biggest fundraiser of the year and in order to reach our goal of raising $75,000 we need your help. There are several ways in which you can participate and we hope that you will consider one of the following.
- Become a sponsor – or ask the company you work for to sponsor the event.
- Form a Pack – recruit friends, family and/or co-workers to join with you to raise money.
- Become a registered participant – for registering you will not only receive a commemorative Dog Walk t-shirt, lunch, goodie bag and all the activities for FREE but you will also be helping the KHS. We also encourage participants to collect pledges from their friends and family to support the event.
- Make a donation – If you are unable to attend this year you can always make a tax-deductible contribution by contacting Gail Starr at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteer – At least 120 volunteers – or groups of volunteers – are needed to work the event. Please contact Ginny Taylor at email@example.com for details on how you can help.
With so many activities for participants to share with their pets, it’s clear why the annual Dog Walk has become a wonderful way to celebrate the human-animal bond. We hope to see you all there!
To learn more about the Kalamazoo Humane Society visit our website at kazoohumane.org